Lesson 1: The next normal at the workplace – why we need pulse surveys now
The workplace is becoming increasingly digital, and the business environment is more VUCA than ever. Winning the hearts and minds of your best talent, people who can help organisations survive and thrive in uncertainty, starts with listening to and acting on their feedback in real-time.
1. Impact of COVID situation & Circuit Breaker on the workforce
2. Engagement: Shifting from Programme to Platform
Lesson 2: Charting uncharted waters – what to track in pulse surveys
With a rapidly changing workplace and the need to get a understand the employee experience at a deeper level, pulse surveys can be a powerful tool for real-time feedback analysis and action. However, are pulse surveys just shorter versions of annual surveys? Or are there different design considerations?
1. Starting with the end in mind: what do I want from my pulse surveys?
2. The anatomy of a pulse survey questionnaire
3. Bonus: where does employee engagement fit in all of this?
Lesson 3: Nuts and bolts - how to to integrate pulse surveys successfully within my organisation
Moving from only conducting ad hoc surveys or from the traditional annual surveys towards a system of pulse surveys can be daunting. This lesson gives you a primer into the things to consider in making a successful shift, and how to make it stick.
1. Building a success plan: why failing to plan is planning to fail
2. Launching your first survey
3.Make it an organisational habit
Lesson 4: Management alchemy - how to generate insight from data, and convert that to effective management action?
Now that the pulse survey results are in, what kind of analysis and action should I be looking at? This lesson runs through an overview of how employee survey data can be treated to generate insights consistently. More importantly, the analysis points towards action: how should leaders drive action and stay accountable, while using pulse surveys and a continuous listening infrastructure as guiderails.
1. Introduction to basic survey analytics
2. Introduction to advanced analytics
3. Analysing survey meta-data
Interview with Nanang Chakid, VP People at Tokopedia
Interview with Chin Yin Ong, Head of People at Grab
Interview with Professor Fermin Diez, Deputy CEO & Group director, Social Service Institute